Scott Manor HouseBeford, Nova Scotia. (c.1770)
Scott Manor House was built around 1770 by Joseph Scott, one of the original settlers of Halifax. The house is the only full two and half store, gambrel-roofed colonial structure in Nova Scotia, and possibly in Canada. It is a registered Provincial and Municipal Heritage Property.
Based on a proposal call by the Town of Bedford, G.F. Duffus & Co. Ltd. was awarded the contract to prepare a Conservation Plan for this historic home in 1993. The Terms of Reference included "as found" drawings, determination of the structural integrity, research into the chronology of changes to the exterior, recommendation as to the period (date) to restore to, identify alterations necessary and their cost, and to make recommendations as to the demarcation of the adjacent Fort Sackville site as an Historic Site.
In august of 1994, G.F. Duffus & Co. ltd. was asked to provide an additional report on the structural capacity of the main floor and make recommendations as to necessary repairs and methods.
Project dates: 1993-94