St. John's Anglican ChurchPort Williams, Nova Scotia. (1810)
St. John's Anglican Church, built in 1810, had had only minor additions and changes made to it. In May of 1987 it was officially declared a Provincial Heritage Property. In that same year, G.F. Duffus & Co. Ltd. prepared a preservation plan and recommendations to ensure its longevity.
Acting on some of those recommendations, the church committee asked G.F. Duffus & Co. Ltd to prepare contract documents for a new foundation and basement. Key to the design was the reuse of the original stone foundation as a veneer to maintain the correct exterior appearance.
Project dates: 1987-88